Goat cheese & Pear Salad, with Lemon Pepper Chicken
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 3 oz. goat cheese
- 2 pears
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 8-oz. package spring greens
- 1 lb. chicken cutlets
- 4 T. lemon pepper seasoning (McCormack is great)
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. dijon mustard
- 2 T. olive oil
1) Liberally season the chicken cutlets with the lemon pepper seasoning.
2) Sautee the cutlets in 2 T. olive oil until done (~15 minutes).
3) Meanwhile, whisk together the mustard, the balsamic vinegar, and the olive oil to make a vinaigrette.
4) Toss the spring greens with the vinaigrette. Arrange greens on a large plate.
5) Using a vegetable peeler, shave carrot on top of greens.
6) Slice your pear, and arrange on the outside of the plate.
7) Arrange tomatoes and chunks of goat cheese around the plate.
8) Top with chicken cutlets, and voila!
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 box chicken broth (Swanson's?)
- Salt, balsamic vinegar, cayenne, for seasoning.
- **If desired: Heavy cream.
2) Bring water to a boil.
3) Boil the broccoli for 10 minutes, until tender and bright green.
4) Using a blender or a food processor, blend together the broccoli and the chicken broth for 1 minute until smooth.
5) Placing soup back on stove, season to taste with balsamic vinegar, cayenne pepper, and salt.
6) If desired, add heavy cream (sparingly) to soup to thicken.
Serve with: toasted ciabatta triangles. Yum!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Are you ready? This ranks among the more epic salads I've eaten. Long ingredient list, but simple instructions...
- 2 bell peppers (one red, one yellow)
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 cucumber
- 1 box cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 8-oz bag hearts of romaine
- 2 carrots (for shredding)
- Handful of fresh Mint
- Handful of fresh Parsley
- Handful of fresh Cilantro
- Kalamata olives (pitted)
- Feta cheese
- 1 bag pita chips (plain-I love Stacy's brand)
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
1) Chop the feta, peppers, cucumbers, spring onions into bite sized pieces; then shred the carrots, using a vegetable peeler.
2) Finely chop the herbs. Add them to the salad.
3) Add the olives (to your liking), tomatoes, lettuce, and pita chips. Toss well.
4) Juice the lemons, and whisk well with equal parts of olive oil. Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss well. Let sit for 10 minutes, and enjoy!
Spiced Turkey Kafta
Prep time: 10 minutes
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 handful fresh mint
1 handful fresh parsley
1 handful fresh cilantro
1/2 C. thick plain yogurt
2 T. grill seasoning (You can use whatever you have, I used lemon pepper seasoning and it was great.)
4 small pita pockets
2 T. olive oil
1) In a food processor, chop the herbs.
2) When they are chopped, blend them with the yogurt.
3) Add the turkey to the yogurt, and mix well.
4) Add the grill seasoning, and blend with turkey.
5) Form into patties, and cook thoroughly. Slice the top off the pita pockets (you can brush olive oil on the pitas and grill briefly to make them extra tasty) - and enjoy!