- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 container sour cream (reduced fat is fine)
- 2 packages shredded cheese (monterey jack, cheddar)
- 1 lb. chicken (~2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 can green chiles, chopped
- 16 oz. enchilada sauce
2) In a skillet, sautee chopped onion on low heat until translucent. Stir in green chiles when the onions are nearing done.
3) In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together 1 package shredded cheese and ~1 C. sour cream.
4) When the chicken is done, rinse with cool water, then shred or chop.
5) Mix chicken with onions and chiles, then mix with sour cream and cheese.
6) Cover the bottom of your baking pan with enchilada sauce.
7) Warm the corn tortillas in damp paper towels in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until malleable.
8) Put 2 T. chicken mixture inside each tortilla, roll, and place seam-side down in baking pan. Repeat until you're out of tortillas/mixture.
9) Cover the enchiladas in more sauce, then top with remaining package of shredded cheese.
10) Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until top is bubbly.
One bite and you'll see why these are my favorite enchiladas...