Wednesday, March 04, 2009

on the road

Went home over the weekend, and indulged a bit. Of course, there was awesome food at home (Aunt Lil & Lorraine's Manicotti, home cooked breakfasts, and my never-empty wine glass, coffee cup)...But, when I wasn't eating there, we ate kind of here-and-there, and I made some interesting choices which left me doubled-over in discomfort the entire trip home. But, I have to say, it was worth it. I don't have a sweet tooth, per se, but I do have a fast food tooth(?) that needs to be satisfied every now and then. Below, a sampling of my food on the road. P.S. Don't judge:



Arby's Chopped Salad: Farmhouse Crispy Chicken
I ate two of these puppies (different days). Here's what it is: bacon, fried chicken, cheese, Ranch, and some iceberg lettuce. Props to Arby's for making the best bacon in any fast food establishment.



This lovely garnish topped my "Southwestern Chopped Salad" at Mesa Verde in the Denver airport yesterday. I am relatively sure this is what sealed my fate for a flight o' pain last night.



Ah, Holdrege Pizza Hut buffet, you never let me down. Usually they have this awesome BBQ pizza that I don't think they sell at other locations, but they didn't have any this time around. BUT-they did have some new Pasta Hut creation - I think this is the mac and cheese with ham variety. Annnnd, it was awesome. I'll be ordering this to a Friday night at my house and not admitting it to anyone in the VERY near future.

I'll be back to cooking shortly. In the meantime, I want to leave you with this messsage: there's nothing wrong with eating two fried chicken salads, a Pizza Hut buffet, and a Bloomin' Onion all within 24 hours. I lived to tell you about it, didn't I?

No comments: